Tuesday, November 9, 2010

27!

(photo: lauren + my iphone)
Last week was my Birthday! I like to celebrate the whole week long :) It was so great! Full of family & friends... lunches, dinners, SYTYCD Show, TWO all night babysitters, & these cute orange & white flowers my from my girls :) Ryan helped them hide them the night before when I was gone, then they each drew a map to help me to find them. They were so sweet & excited!! I love how kids remind us how exciting simple things can be.
Of course the most popular question you get on your birthday is, "does it feel weird to be 27(or whatever your age is)?!!" ... I was feeling totally fine about it, and then Ryan said "I can remember your 17th birthday..!" Then it was weird for a minute. TEN years have gone by since Ryan and I started dating. That is so crazy. I still don't think being 27 is weird (especially considering my life situation: husband, three kids, 2nd house, my own company, a sleep wrinkle on the left side of my nose..) Life seems to be flying by so quickly.... but I'm hoping that is because I am enjoying it. Sadly, sometimes I have to make the conscious effort to be in the moment. To not be distracted by work, my computer & phone calls. The moments that I want and love to be "in" are with my family. I love watching my girls interact with each other...I love that my 4 year olds still want me to fly them on my feet, then do my hair and play with makeup. Being there, in the moment, is something I'm not always good at but hope to focus on more.
27 feels good. I am happy, healthy, and really have all the things in my life I have ever wanted. now...how to re-train my brain from thinking eating like crap is okay....that birthday week handed me some serious calories!

11 comments:

Wendy Pippin said...

you're a doll...happy birthday!!

Allyson said...

YAY!! So happy to see that you blogged!:)

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. I will never forget it; you're such a REAL and wonderful person (speaking of which...do share more about that "sleep wrinkle":)

Love you!

christy said...

thank goodness for your phone :) i'm so happy to see you back on this blog. after this weekend, our schedules better match up before the nutso holidays! we miss ya

val said...

27...you're still a youngin! happy birthday. sounds like it was fun.
i agree...we've got to stop and live in the moment..especially "those" moments with our little ones that just won't last forever.
you look fab, as you always do!

The Bee Family said...

You look gorgeous my dear! I see no sleep wrinkle :) Happy Late Birthday and many more to come! And don't worry, we all need the constant reminder to be in the moment-and to enjoy it!

Ginger said...

You're hair is adorable!! It matches you:) Happy belated birthday. Sounds like it was a good one.

Dani said...

What a cute picture of you!! I guess you're girls are taking after you and your amazing photo skills, even if it is with an iphone :) Glad you had such a fun day/week! You deserve every bit of it. Can't wait to see you at Christmas time! XO

Jamie said...

You're beautiful!

Unknown said...

I heart birthdays. I'll love them even when I turn 50. You look great!

Unknown said...

Happy *late* birthday. Sounds like you had a great day! You are such a fun, sweet happy person...always see the glass 1/2 full kinda girl. Love it :)

Natalie said...

You're so stinkin' cute, Chelsea! Not fair :) I'm glad you had a happy day!