Sunday, July 8, 2012

The twins turn SIX

  I started this blog almost six years ago to document the lives of my sweet girls. Sadly, my time is spread between four children and a full time job from home now...and journaling our life hasn't been happening.
  Their birthday morning after breakfast and opening presents, I sat down with the girls to look through their photo books I have made for them. As we read through the newborn one, they loved all the stories I had written with the photos. At the end I had written them a special letter telling them our feelings about finding out they were coming, being pregnant, having them born, and of course how much we loved them. After I was done reading I looked over at Lauren and she had a big smile and tears running down her face.... I was so caught off guard. "thanks mommy, I love that." she said. At that moment I realized how important and special it is for our children to read and hear about their lives. I feel guilty my other kids don't have the same amount as the twins do,but I can start now. It was a perfect way for us to celebrate their special day!
  They have been asking for a new bike for over a year now so we finally got them one! They were thrilled and ride it so well already. Yesterday I took Ella to the store to buy them a gift and after not finding any great make up for them, she settled on new binders. These girls are obsessed with drawing, writing, coloring, etc. Their old binders have been used so much they are falling apart. They were SO excited to get new ones, and by binders... I mean trapper keepers :) I loved letting Ella get them a gift because it made her excited about them opening presents instead of jealous.  It was a relaxing morning!







   Later on we went to meet Ryan for lunch!  The girls picked Zupas.  They are obsessed with the Cauliflower soup.  After lunch we headed over to TJ Maxx to spend some birthday money they had gotten from Grandparents.  They are so funny when they are trying to choose.  You would think they were making a million dollar decision rather than the $10.00 they are about to spend.  It takes FOREVER!  Surprise!... they both ended up with crafty paper/pencils etc.
  After shopping we went to get some yummy cupcakes...BUT the cupcake shop was SOLD OUT.  How does that happen?  Especially to the birthday girls.  We decided going to Toads and Zeppes was a better idea anyway.  Ryan's family joined us.  It's always fun for them to spend time with those cousins because they only get to see them once a year.



Lauren

Hallie

Hallie


Lauren

  It was a special day celebrating these special little girls.  I can't believe how lucky we are to have them.  They are sweet and so excited about life.  They love their sister, brother,  friends, making "crafts" and dancing.  It is so fun to watch them grow.  We love them so much!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Chelsea your girls are so beautiful! I'm happy to see you blogging a little again :) I'm so glad they had a wonderful birthday, love their new bikes!